Mulligan Funding is a leading provider of working capital, helping businesses across the country get access to the funds they need in order to successfully compete, grow and thrive. We are an online small business lender, with a reputation for high-performance and innovation. As a family-owned business, we are extremely people, customer and team focused.
We have entered a new stage of significant growth and are looking to expand the team of credit analysts. Credit Analysts at Mulligan are responsible for assessing the financial condition of small businesses and approving or declining loan requests. Unlike working at a bank, this is an extremely fast-paced role that will involve decision-making. Credit Analysts must be adept at multitasking, critical thinking, and extemporaneous decisiveness. New hires will be trained by experienced analysts. This position offers high growth potential for quick-learners and is open to recent graduates.
Day-to-day job duties
- Review financial statements and conduct in-depth analysis of business bank statements to determine credit worthiness of small businesses.
- Analyze personal & business credit reports.
- Assess the impact of the guarantor on the company’s ability to service debt.
- Interview the owners/managers of businesses about company operations, cash flow, and proposed use of funds.
- Conduct ad hoc research on businesses and industries to protect against fraud.
- Size, structure, and price loans for approved clients.
- Write (brief) credit memos for approved loans.
- Bachelors’ degree, preferably in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a similar discipline.
- Minimum GPA of a 3.0.
- A strong grasp of accounting principles and ability to dissect financial statements.
- Prior internship or job experience in a finance, business or accounting related field.
- Well-developed organizational, communication, and time-management skills.
- Adept in all Microsoft Office Products, G-Suite, and ability to quickly pick up new programs and CRM systems.
- Strong critical thinking, mathematical, and analytical skills.
- Ability to make complex decisions under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
To apply, please ensure you send a cover letter to accompany your resume explaining why you are interested in working as a Credit Analyst/Underwriter and what in particular interests you about Mulligan Funding. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Great Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits.
- Health Savings Account.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Fantastic 401K with matching contribution.
- Sick, Vacation, and Holidays.
- Gym membership contribution.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – mental health support.
- Online commuter benefits.
- Internal Referral Program.
- Fun team and company events.
- Start-up culture, within an established business with 13 years of experience.
- Great central location in San Diego – easy access from highway.
Applicants for employment for this position must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e. H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
To apply, use the button below to send an email to Careers@MulliganFunding.com. Don’t forget to attach your cover letter and resume!