Mulligan Funding is a leading provider of working capital, helping businesses across the country get access to the funds they need in order to successfully compete, grow and thrive. We are an online small business lender, with a reputation for high-performance and innovation. As a family-owned business, we are extremely people, customer and team focused.
We have entered a new stage of significant growth and are looking to expand the team of credit analysts. Credit Analysts at Mulligan Funding are responsible for assessing the financial condition of small businesses and approving or declining loan requests. Unlike working at a bank, this is an extremely fast-paced role that will involve decision-making. Credit Analysts must be adept at multitasking, critical thinking, and extemporaneous decisiveness.
- Review financial statements and conduct in-depth analysis of business bank statements to determine credit worthiness of small businesses.
- Analyze personal & business credit reports.
- Complete Global Cash Flow Analysis.
- Interface with internal sales team on loan approvals.
- Complete credit memos for approved loans that support the decision and the structure of the proposed financing.
- Review large loans and present the potential loan approvals to Credit Committee.
- Research online resources to protect against fraud.
- Conduct interviews with the CFOs/CEOs of applicants to better understand business operations and financing needs.
- Minimum 1 year of experience underwriting or credit analysis. 2-3 years in the industry is preferred (3 is required for a senior position).
- Bachelors’ degree, preferably in business, finance, accounting, economics, or a similar discipline.
- A strong grasp of GAAP accounting principles and ability to dissect financial statements and business bank statements.
- Knowledgeable about the small business lending landscape in the U.S. with insights into various industry risk segments.
- Well-developed organizational, communication, and time-management skills.
- Adept in all Microsoft Office products, G-Suite, and ability to quickly pick up new programs and CRM systems.
- Strong critical thinking, mathematical, and analytical skills.
- Ability to make complex decisions under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
To apply, please ensure you send a cover letter to accompany your resume explaining why you are interested in working as a Credit Analyst/Underwriter and what in particular interests you about Mulligan Funding. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Great Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits.
- Health Savings Account.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Fantastic 401K with matching contribution.
- Sick, Vacation, and Holidays.
- Gym membership contribution.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – mental health support.
- Online commuter benefits.
- Internal Referral Program.
- Fun team and company events.
- Start-up culture, within an established business with 13 years of experience.
- Great central location in San Diego – easy access from highway.
Applicants for employment for this position must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e. H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
To apply, use the button below to send an email to Careers@MulliganFunding.com. Don’t forget to attach your cover letter and resume!