The Credit Operations Specialist will report to the Chief Credit Officer and work alongside managers within the Credit Department to support the strategic growth and development of the department. The person in this role will continually drive efficiencies and operational improvements through the credit and underwriting process. This person will also be responsible for creating and deploying a development program for all the teams within the Credit department.
Key functional areas of responsibility
- Identify and execute process, system, and resource optimizations to drive incremental improvement to conversion metrics across all stages of the underwriting lifecycle.
- Work with Credit department leadership to create, deploy, and oversee the ongoing training and development programs for all teams within the department.
- Partner with Recruitment in hiring process and recruiting, on-boarding and training for Credit roles.
- Create, manage, and maintain a database for all Credit-related policies, procedures, and process documents and training materials. Evaluate various software providers and determine which we will best suit our team for the database.
- Liaise with the Technology and Analytics teams to ensure that systems, technology platforms and processes, data management and analysis are all optimally structured in order to enhance the best possible performance from the Credit team.
- Liaise with the Compliance team on Credit related matters and policies and procedure updates.
- Create dashboards and reports to assist in measuring and tracking team production and KPIs.
- Organize and coordinate team activities/lunches, training seminars, etc. Participate in or head up the departmental Activities Committee.
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited university, preferably in Business, Management, or related fields.
- 3+ years of strong analytical and problem-solving experience working in operations, business analysis, and/or process improvement roles.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Experience drafting and updating policies and procedures. Compliance experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to drive insights and recommendations from data.
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple complex projects, working cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience overseeing training, education, and/or human capital initiatives.
- Strong emotional intelligence.
To apply, please ensure you send a cover letter to accompany your resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
- Competitive compensation and commission package.
- Great Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits.
- Health Savings Account.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Fantastic 401K with matching contribution.
- Sick, Vacation, and Holidays.
- Gym membership contribution.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – mental health support.
- Online commuter benefits.
- Internal Referral Program.
- Fun team and company events.
- Start-up culture, within an established business with 13 years of experience.
- Great central location in San Diego – easy access from highway.
Applicants for employment for this position must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
To apply, use the button below to send an email to Careers@MulliganFunding.com. Don’t forget to attach your cover letter and resume!