Mulligan Funding is looking for an experienced, hands-on Human Resources Operations Manager to guide and administer our HR systems, programs, processes and policies while acting as the point person while supporting our employees for all HR matters.
The HR Operations Manager will be responsible for the vision, planning, coordination and project management of an appropriate human resources management system (HRMS) for our organization. This role will be accountable for ensuring continuity and successful delivery of functional HR services to users throughout the organization and will be responsible for analyzing and operationalizing all functional related activities within the scope of the HRMS.
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Research and recommend an optimal HRMS – Human Resources Management System for Mulligan Funding and oversee the transition to the new system.
- Prepare, enter and monitor HR departmental budget.
- Manage the day-to-day activities to support the HR and payroll functions.
- Record, process and update employee information.
- Continually update company org charts and continually update our Employee Handbook to reflect new policies.
- Provide analytics and reporting for key Human Resources metrics.
- Design and implement company policies: Participate in developing, revising, and recommending new policies and procedures and make recommendations for the improvement of existing policies and procedures.
- Maintain employee compensation, reward and benefits programs.
- Act as a consultant to managers and staff regarding policies, procedures, programs and benefits and respond to enquiries.
- Support staff to resolve human resource problems, interpret HR policies and procedures and recommend effective courses of action.
- Serve as a link between managers and employees to help resolve work-related problems.
- Assist with all employee relations, grievances, case management and reporting.
- Assist with conducting internal investigations where necessary.
- Leverage subject matter expertise in performance and conflict management, employment law, investigations, and risk assessment to guide and coach both management and employees.
- Manage disability accommodations and leave of absence return to work issues.
- Guide and support performance review processes with all departments and ensure collection of performance review data on the HRMS.
- Recommend new software to address personnel needs, like performance review tools.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
Requirements for the role
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of three years of proven work experience as an HR Operations Manager.
- HR or Coaching certifications are both a plus.
- Experience designing compensation and benefits packages.
- Good knowledge of labor law.
- Deep knowledge of and hands-on experience with best of breed HRMSs.
- The ability to plan, organize, develop, and implement the programs, goals, objectives, and policies/procedures that are required for providing excellent HR administration.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local HR laws and regulations.
- The ability to demonstrate empathy and experience driving diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) work.
- Effective communication and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in person, on the phone, electronically, or through other means to individuals and groups from various backgrounds and at different organizational levels.
- Proven ability to build trust, manage difficult situations and work in a high paced team environment.
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves and perform all types and levels of work to support and be an active part of our overall organization’s success.
- Competitive compensation and package.
- Great Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits.
- Health Savings Account.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Fantastic 401K with matching contribution.
- Sick, Vacation, and Holidays.
- Gym membership contribution.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – mental health support.
- Online commuter benefits.
- Internal Referral Program.
- Fun team and company events.
- Start-up culture, within an established business with 13 years of experience.
- Great central location in San Diego – easy access from highway.
Mulligan Funding is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and takes great pride in building a diverse work environment. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
To apply, use the button below to send an email to Careers@MulliganFunding.com. Don’t forget to attach your cover letter and resume!