The Application Processing Team Manager works within the Credit Department and manages a team of Loan Application Processors. The Application Processing team completes the first stage of the underwriting process, which involves researching and validating information about business loan applications to determine if a business is prequalified for a loan.
It is a face-paced role with a high volume of daily loan applications. The right candidate for this role will have experience managing teams in fast-paced environments, and will continually drive efficiency and operational improvements throughout the pre-underwriting process.
Key functional areas of responsibility
- Manage a team of 8 Loan Application Processors and an offshore team of data-entry specialists.
- Manage and monitor KPIs and ensure all team members are hitting KPIs while maintaining high work quality.
- Ensure that staffing levels are sufficient for the teams to adhere to SLAs and hit KPIs while maintaining high quality standards.
- Provide QA reports to the offshore team on an ongoing basis to highlight recurring issues/errors in the analysts’ work to drive improvements and avoid quality degradation as the team expands.
- Participate in hiring and recruiting new Application Processors, and train all new hires.
- Oversee several pre-underwriting queues and ensure that no bottlenecks form. The person in this role will be responsible for ensuring that none of the queues are behind at the end of each business day.
- Work with the Credit Ops Specialist with any system/technology related issues, enhancements, or feature requests.
- Update policies and procedures and ensure that any changes are communicated to all relevant parties.
- Manage hours and working shifts for both the in-office team and the offshore team to ensure appropriate staffing for 12 hours of the day.
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited university, preferably in Business, Management, or related fields.
- At least 2 years’ experience managing or leading a team in a high-production environment.
- Experience setting and managing to KPIs.
- Experience interviewing, hiring, and training employees.
- Ability to make complex decisions under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, communication, and time-management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience drafting and updating policies and/or procedures. Compliance experience is a plus.
Nice to haves
- 2+ years experience in commercial or mortgage lending.
- Experience drafting and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Compliance experience.
To apply, please ensure you send a cover letter to accompany your resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
- Competitive compensation and commission package.
- Great Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits.
- Health Savings Account.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Fantastic 401K with matching contribution.
- Sick, Vacation, and Holidays.
- Gym membership contribution.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – mental health support.
- Online commuter benefits.
- Internal Referral Program.
- Fun team and company events.
- Start-up culture, within an established business with 13 years of experience.
- Great central location in San Diego – easy access from highway.
Applicants for employment for this position must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
To apply, use the button below to send an email to Careers@MulliganFunding.com. Don’t forget to attach your cover letter and resume!