Mulligan Funding is a private, family-owned, leading provider of working capital, helping businesses across the country get access to the funds they need – now more than ever – in order to successfully compete, grow and thrive. Our Fintech organization has a reputation for being high-performing and innovative; people, customer and team focused; and highly collaborative.
With over $500M in funding to tens of thousands of clients throughout the country, Mulligan Funding is entering a new stage of significant growth.
Mulligan Funding is seeking an enthusiastic and curious Senior Software Engineer to join our team. In this role, you’ll work in a highly collaborative environment where communication with other developers across our data, infrastructure, and salesforce teams will be key to your day-to-day success.
Currently our technology stack includes applications in the Python and Rust programming languages, deployed onto Kubernetes clusters. At this point, we have a lot more Python than Rust, but we are open to working more in Rust. Notably, however, this role will not suit someone who only wants to work in Rust: day-to-day work will be primarily in Python and extensive experience working in that language is required.
- Write and review application code primarily in Python.
- Write and review application code in Rust.
- Monitor deployment logs and application alerts, addressing issues as they arise.
- Engage in code reviews and ensure adherence to best practices.
- Ensure technical designs align with the company’s overall enterprise architecture and will scale well in the future.
- Implement contemporary security best practices in our application software and architecture.
- Evaluate possible application performance bottlenecks at early stages of the implementation & recommend solutions to fix.
- 5+ years developer-level familiarity with Python and related tooling.
- 5+ years experience building web application backends and APIs (familiarity with HTTP required).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building and deploying docker images and containers.
- Experience with writing tests for application software and running tests in continuous integration environments.
- Experience developing and deploying code using version control (we use git).
- Knowledge of security best practices.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Ability to balance high-priority and long-term projects..
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing entrepreneurial environment
Nice to Have
- Experience programming in Rust and using related tooling (cargo, rustup, editor integration).
- Experience deploying software in linux environments and bash scripting (this is mostly used in our CI environments).
- Competitive compensation and package.
- Great Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits.
- Health Savings Account.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Fantastic 401K with matching contribution.
- Sick, Vacation, and Holidays.
- Gym membership contribution.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – mental health support.
- Online commuter benefits.
- Internal Referral Program.
- Fun team and company events.
- Start-up culture, within an established business with 13 years of experience.
- Great central location in San Diego – easy access from highway.
Mulligan Funding is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and takes great pride in building a diverse work environment. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
To apply, use the button below to send an email to Careers@MulliganFunding.com. Don’t forget to attach your cover letter and resume!