At Mulligan Funding, it’s our business to help small business owners to succeed! We’ve been providing Working Capital Loans to the business community since 2008. Through the years, we’ve identified some of the most common denominators that successful businesses share. It’s amazing how many business owners are wasting one of their most valuable assets. We hope that you’re not making this mistake. Here is some great website development business advice to increase your profits.
A quality lead generating website is essential in today’s competitive and tech-savvy marketplace
If you have a site but it’s not generating leads and sales, it’s ineffective and costing you money.
Here’s an overview of some of the most important components of a lead generating website that has the potential to double or triple your business profits.
Convey your core marketing message quickly
- Make sure you convey the basics of who you are and what you offer in the “top fold” of your home page. (Above the fold refers to the visible portion of a website before scrolling down).
Convey what makes you a better choice
- What separates you from your competitors? Better products or services? Pricing? Quality? Professionalism? Location? Expertise in your field etc.
Use quality pictures, graphics and video
- Quality pictures or graphics are essential. A well-made video can increase user engagement and interest even more. According to industry studies, this aspect of your website development plan is more important than ever these days. Video gets preferential treatment in terms of ranking on search engines but most importantly it engages potential buyers of your products or services.
Create an effective sales funnel
- When a visitor lands on the homepage of your site, an effective sales funnel needs to grab their attention within 8-10 seconds. The rest of the funnel ie: pictures, content, description of products and services, and CTAs keeps them engaged. And most importantly your content should describe in a compelling way how you can solve their problem or enhance their life. This type of funnel will definitely generate leads. Make sure that you clearly define the click-path you want that visitor to take. Offer them clickable buttons, forms, clearly defined services, discounts and strategically placed compelling text.
Make sure your sales funnel includes a CTA (Call to Action)
- Here are some examples:
“Call today for a free estimate.”
“Download your free report on…”
“Click here to speak with one of our friendly staff.”
“Solve that problem today”
Give visitors the ability to contact you from every page
- Make sure your visitors have the ability to contact you from every page of your site. That can be a contact button in your navigation menu or any other method you choose.
- Analytics is a must in your website development plan. The most popular free analytics tool is Google analytics. This allows you to see what’s working and what’s not and make appropriate changes as needed. The analytics you should examine are at least these stats:
– Overall site traffic
– Lead conversion rate
– Customer/client conversion rate
– Landing page and CTA performance
- There are many ways to drive traffic to your site (that’s a whole other subject by itself), but SEO (Search Engine Optimization) should definitely be a part of your plan to bring visitors to your site. If you have the best site in the world but no one knows it exists, what good will that do you? This is a way to get search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and others to list your website in the search results when someone types in Key Words that your site is optimized for. Obviously, you want to target KWs that potential clients would type in when looking for products and services that you offer.
- Many business owners don’t realize that more “buyer intent” searches are performed by mobile devices than desktop computers these days. You need to make sure that your site is mobile optimized to compete in your marketplace. No website development plan would be complete without mobile optimization.
- Make sure to provide customer testimonials on your site or easy to find links to Review sites that contain positive testimonials about you, your products and services.
It’s not easy running a business, and it’s even more difficult to keep up with the latest changes and trends in your marketplace. It’s our pleasure to partner with you by providing this business advice in an effort to help you build and strengthen your business.
We also understand that creating a money-making website can be costly. Speak with one of our Lending Professionals today, about our working capital loan options to help you with this or any other project. Be sure to contact us for all of your small business working capital loan needs.
Call Mulligan Funding at 855-326-3564 to discuss your financing options today!
The information shared is intended to be used for informational purposes only and you should independently research and verify.
Note: Prior to January 23, 2020, Mulligan Funding operated solely as a direct lender, originating all of its own loans and Merchant Cash Advance contracts. From that date onwards, the majority of funding offered by Mulligan Funding will be by Loans originated by FinWise Bank, a Utah-chartered Bank, pursuant to a Loan Program conducted jointly by Mulligan Funding and FinWise Bank.